Friday 1 June 2018

Best Part of Me

Learning Intentions
I am learning to use language features to make my writing interesting and engaging for the reader.
I am learning to think carefully about the words I use so that my writing is descriptive and engaging for the reader.
I am learning to add an appropriate visual to my work


I will be successful when I can show….
-I have used some language features to make my writing interesting and engaging (smile, metaphor, alliteration, onomatopoeia, rhyme)
-I have carefully chosen some interesting words to include in my writing
-I have some descriptive words in my writing (adjectives)
-I have added a photo to my writing

-I have included Te Reo Māori words.


MY 👃IHU (nose)👃
I like my ihu (nose) because it can smell my favourite food. My nose is soft like a pillow. The freckles on my nose are speckles everywhere. It gets creases when I am angry. It goes as red as a tomato when I am cold. My nose fits perfectly on my face. I like to call my ihu (nose) the ‘naughty 👃nosy👃 neighbour’. I like to use my nose to meet people at a marae with a hongi. I like to rub my nose on my soft cat. I like to touch my nose on a cold surface. I like to use my ihu (nose) to do funny things.

1 comment:

  1. You have used so many great language features in your writing, Nathan. Very well done! I especially like the alliteration, "my naughty, nosy, neighbour." Maybe next time you could try and use metaphor - they are tricky, but can be very effective in helping the reader create a picture in their mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.