Monday 10 September 2018

Reducing Our Plastic Waste

For our topic about the environment we made beeswax wraps to use instead of glad wrap and fabric bags to use instead of plastic bags to reduce waste in our environment. We had a lot of adult helpers to help us with these. I enjoyed making these but they were a bit challenging. I learnt that the beeswax can melt and soak into fabric. I found it challenging to choose what type of fabric. To make the beeswax wrap we got a piece of baking paper on the ironing board, then we put on our fabric, then we sprinkled on some grated beeswax on, then we put another piece of beeswax wrap on top and ironed it. I have used the beeswax wrap a lot already and I like it much more than glad wrap. Here are some photos of what I made.






1 comment:

  1. Hi Nathan
    Well done for writing about the projects we have been doing to try and help reduce the amount of plastic waste we produce. I am really glad that you are using your beeswax wrap instead of glad wrap. I love my ones too. I love the smell and knowing that they are helping me to not use more plastic. I like the photos you have used as they give people a good idea of what you have been doing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.