Tuesday 2 April 2019

My Selfie Poem

My Selfie Poem
I am from the orange beanbag,
from fresh water and smelly soap.
I am from the ferns out the back,
from the West Coast Basketball team.
I am from the punga tree.
I am from the sounds of cicadas chirping,
from the soft couch.
I’m from Rapahoe beach and Punakaiki,
from Aunty Annie and Uncle Chris.
I’m from swimming at the pool and watching movies.
From playing Fortnite with Dad and sleeping.
I’m from, “Kia ora.” and “How are you?”
From the pages of Shrek and Baby Shark.
I am from gaming and Fortnite.
I am from basketball, my backyard.
I’m from Wellington and New Zealand.
Macaroni and soup,
from World  War 1.
From surviving Gallipoli

and my grandad’s tan leather wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.