Friday 29 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 3 Activity 2 Week 1

Kia Ora koutou. Hello to you all.

Ko Nathan tōku ingoa. My name is __________.

No Te Whanganui-A-Tara ahau. I am from __________.

Ko Te Plada tōku waka. My canoe is _________.

Ko Gibson tōku iwi. My tribe is _________.

Ko Kaukau tōku maunga. My mountain is ________.

Ko Te Awa Kairangi tōku awa. My river is _________.

Ko Mike tōku matua. My father is _________.

Ko Raelene tōku whaea. My mother is _________.

Tēnā koutou katoa. Hello everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Nathan,

    You have done a great job creating your own pepeha, introducing yourself and where you come from. I like that you have used your own structure to write your pepeha. For an extra challenge you could film yourself saying your pepeha if you wanted to. I'd love to watch it on your blog if you wanted to take up the video challenge!

    Have you been to Wellington before and visited your maunga?

    Kai pai, Nathan!

    Noho ora mai,
    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora,
    Here is a video of me saying my mihi : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0otHFpxk-omOFlVUWtCWTdSY2M/view?usp=sharing Also I have climbed my maunga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Nathan,

      Thank you for sharing the link to your mihi. I really enjoyed watching it! I think you did a beautiful job and spoke in a clear voice. Maybe next time you can slow down a little bit.

      Great job, Nathan! I can't wait to read more of your blog posts.

      Noho ora mai,

      Emiely :)

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.